Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2022

Am I My Brother's Keeper?

  Am I My Brother’s Keeper? 


                        Hello and welcome to My Little House of Prayer. I am your host, Dayla Smith. I am so glad that you could join me today. A recent event happened Friday morning, I believe. A long overdue event if you are a true Christian. I don’t like politics. I don’t believe, or trust politics. I believe and trust in Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior.  I am thankful that there are still Christians in our government willing to stand for what is right. To put the Lord first. There are so many people speaking out of ignorance about the decision the supreme court made to overturn Roe Vs Wade. But, keep in mind, the decision they made was to put that choice back in the hands of each and every state like it was in the beginning. So, if you don’t like something, vote. Make your voice heard.

                      While we are talking about abortion, here are some facts you may or may not know:

Reasons for abortions:

  • < 0.5% Victims of rape

  • 3% Fetal health problems

  • 4% Physical health problems

  • 4% Would interfere with education and/or career

  • 7% Not mature enough to raise a child

  • 8% Don’t want to be a single mother

  • 19% Done having children

  • 23 % Can’t afford a baby

  • 25% Not ready for a child

  • 6% Other


*  Abortion fatality between 1973-2018 521 women died due to complications from legal abortions.

* For every abortion a woman has, if she doesn’t die from it, she lessons her chance of being able to become pregnant or carry to term.


These are all facts recorded by the CDC. 


                          I find it very interesting that people want to holler about rape victims. Yet, it is the smallest percentage. The highest percentages were of inconvenience. Interesting. 

                     I was blessed to have a Godly choir teacher during my jr. high and high school years. She planted so many Godly seeds in me during those years. She kept a box by the door of her classroom for you to put your questions in. She told us about the box and that every Friday we would take those questions to the Word of God. See what He has to say about it. I thank God every day for her boldness. I am still blessed by the impact she had on my life. With that being said, let’s take the question of abortion to the Word of God. 

                   When I look at it from the bible’s standpoint, abortion is murder. Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill. God is the author of life. Who are we to play God? Look at Genesis 4:1-12 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord. 2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. 3. And in the process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord. 4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offfering: And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. 9 And the Lord said unto Cain. Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother’s keeper? 10 And he said, What hast thou done? The voice of thy brother’s blood crieth unto me from the ground. 11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother’s blood from thy hand; 12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

                    From the bible’s standpoint God is the author of life. Who are we to play God? You see, the Lord created in a woman a safe haven to create life. That is a gift from our heavenly creator. If we choose to cut off that life in the womb, you are telling God that you are not interested in ever producing life there again. Your womb becomes a place of death. 

                     Cain murdered Abel out of anger and unforgiveness. Abel’s blood fell on the ground. Therefore, what once was a place of creation for Cain became a place of death for Cain. Innocent blood fell on the ground at Cain’s hand. Therefore, he told the ground he was no longer interested in creating life there. 

                           I always found that you could never make a proper life altering decision without all the truth. Here is another truth that is not being told. Most importantly, the mental anguish that comes after the abortion is far greater than before the abortion. 

                     Murder is murder, no matter how you label it. Murder is an act of anger and unforgiveness. It brings forth hate, darkness, and death. “Still, kill, and destroy.” John 10:10  Do you now see the enemy’s M.O. His signature? Hate, darkness, and death only beget more hate, darkness, and death.  And, if you do a deep soul search, you will find this occurred in your decision. Unforgiveness in all cases will keep you from heaven. Period. There are no clauses in God’s word. Only black and white. Love and light. David was a murderer. God forgave Him. Oh, This includes forgiving yourself. Matthew 6:14-1514 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

                      If you are pregnant, choose life. You have nine months to make a decision of whether you are keeping this life or not. There is the choice of adoption. So many want a baby and can’t have one. Why don’t you give them and that baby a gift? The gift of life. And if you were abused sexuall and/or raped, Get Couseling. You desperately need it. If you can Godly counseling. This is the best gift you could give your baby and yourself. You can’t make proper choices if your mind is mixed up. They can help. Your brother’s and sister’s in Christ can help. We all need a little or a lot of help sometimes. Remember, God is a creative God. Nothing is impossible with Him. Oh, and Jesus was in your very shoes. So, if any one can relate, it is Him. The Roman soldiers were skilled at torture and murder. There are some forms of torture there are no words for and these soldiers did it to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. In His dying breath He chose forgiveness. Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. I don’t think it gets any worse than this. They abused and tortured Him. Nailed Him to a cross. Then, they have the audacity to gamble for His clothes at His nailed feet! And yet, He still asked the Father to forgive us. 

                 For those of you with a complicated pregnancy, here is your chance to put God to the test. Your chance to believe for the impossible. The medical field is more than capable today to handle these situations. Even so, they are not God. Don’t allow the enemy use you as a weapon against another child of God. 

                  Miracles happen every day, all day. Babies are a miracle from God. Did you know that according to His word, they are a treasure. He digs in His treasure trove to bless you with one of His treasures. And if He chose to bring you to it, He is more than faithful to bring you through it. 

                I want to pray with you right now, but first thank you so much for hearing me out. I don’t like politics. I love the Word of God. I live by it. I just want you to see and know all the truth before you make your decision. I couldn’t turn my head. The Lord commanded me to put this up for you. I hope it helps. And, have a blessed week.

               If you do not know the Lord Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. Let me introduce you to Him. It is real simple. First you must acknowledge that you are a sinner in need of a savior. Ask Him for His forgiveness for all of your sins and call them out to Him. Thank Him for His forgiveness. Then, forgive those who have sinned or transgressed against you. Then, repent. Repent means to change your mind concerning sinful habits. Change your choice making. Let Him influence your choice making decisions as you get in His Holy Word. Ask Him to be Lord over your life. I want to pray this prayer with you. But, this is just another outline. The real work begins after I pray with you. 

                    Lord Jesus, I confess my sins and ask for your forgiveness. Please come into my heart as my Lord and Savior. Take complete control of my life and help me to walk in Your footsteps daily by the power of the Holy Spirit. Thank you Lord for saving me and for answering my prayer. In Jesus’ name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

When and How to Wear your Rose-Colored Glasses

Update

This is just an update: Really trying to get things back up and running. I have no phone for the next 5-7 business days. Making things very ...