Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2022

The Prayer of the Lost and Found



               Hello and welcome to My Little House of Prayer. I am your host Dayla Smith. I am so glad that you could join me today. I have a testimony to share with you today. It is so great that it has me jumping up and down for joy. You know I’m not astonished when He answers my prayer. I’m astonished when He doesn’t. I am extremely overjoyed when He moves. He always answers my prayer. Not because of who I am, but because of who He is. It is more for Himself than for me. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

John 11:41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.

42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

          Anyway, when I became a Christian, I learned about a very small prayer for when you lose something. They call it the prayer of the lost and found. Luke 8:17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad. This is the prayer. Father, whatever is covered shall be revealed, and whatever is hidden in darkness shall be brought to the light. Please shine your love, light, and life on it and help me to find it. In Jesus’ mighty name amen.  Sometimes, He doesn’t let me finish the prayer when I find what I’m looking for. It even was noticed by a gentleman that worked for. Well, the enemy has tried to put stuff in the way of me getting the bible study done for this week. When nothing else worked the enemy chose to steal my keys. The last time I remembered having them was when I went to get my dog. They were in  my hand. I spent the day cleaning my house looking for them. No find. Went to church last night and my pastor came in agreement with me. This morning, my brother asked me if I had found them yet. To which I replied, “No. But in the mighty name of Jesus I will find them.”  Today, I was cleaning my porch. Moving all of my plants around and spraying away all the dirt and grime. While watering my plants. I wasn’t looking for my keys. When I had completely finished putting all the plants back where they should go and watering them, I tossed the water hose off of the porch. That is when I realized my hand was not empty. I looked down to see what needed putting away. My keys!!!!!! At that moment I knew the Lord had told the enemy to put those back where he got them, my hand! How awesome is that? Oh, And, I still finished the lesson for the blog yesterday. And, put it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When and How to Wear your Rose-Colored Glasses

Update

This is just an update: Really trying to get things back up and running. I have no phone for the next 5-7 business days. Making things very ...