Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Deliverance is in the House

Deliverance is in the house


                    Hello and welcome to My Little House of Prayer. I am your host, Dayla Smith. I am so glad that you could join me today. Today we are looking at the last and final verse of the Our Father Prayer. Matthew 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. The title of today’s message is  “Deliverance is in the house!” Hallelujah! Are you excited? I know I am. I love when Jesus is in the room. Things change because of him.

                          So far we have learned to acknowledge from Matthew 6:9-13 who He is, where He lives, His will, His authority given to us,  His provision, our responsibility to forgive others if we want His forgiveness, and if we want to make heaven our home. Now we are looking at verse 13.  Do you think that the Lord intentionally leads you into temptation? James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: The Lord does not tempt us. Psalm 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. Are you a good man? Even Jesus reacted this way in Matthew

19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. Are you able to walk in all the commandments all day every day? I know I can’t. I can try. But, I know there is always forgiveness as long as I truly repent and ask for His forgiveness. Not for premeditated sin. The idea that you can intentionally sin and then repent. That is just wanting the devils cake without the consequences to go with it. He does do what 1 Corinthians 10:13 says, There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 

          You see, Jesus instructs us that temptation will come. But, we have an advocate we can call upon in those and every situation. Proverbs 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. Jesus is the friend that sticks closer than a brother. Psalm 46 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. He has all the Kingdom authority, the Glory and all power to help us squish the enemies head. Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. The Lord is our defender, shield and buckler in Psalm 91. Psalm 121:4-7  4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. This is His promise of His divine watchful eye on each and every one of His children that are choosing to walk with Him.

                    If you have ever watched zombie movies, they always say to aim for the brain. It was the only way to kill them. That is what Satan and his cohorts are. Walking dead spirits, walking around seeking whom they can devour in order to keep us as walking dead human beings. Seeking to gain control over your mind, soul, and spirit. This is what the helmet of salvation is for. To help keep your mind on Jesus. 2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; In other words, we are to have the mind of Christ.1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Then, let’s look at, Revelation 5:5-7  5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

                    Do you see the difference? Satan and his cohorts pretend to be the lion of the tribe of Judah. But, they are pyrite. Not everything that glitters is gold. 2 Corinthians 11:14-15  14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. Jesus is the one true lion of the tribe of Judah. This is why we have to know our enemy inside and out. How he walks, talks, and thinks. Not to glorify him. But to be able to recognize the trap he has laid out for us. This only comes from the baptism of the Holy Spirit and more importantly, His beautiful word. So that we can walk in the fullness of the Lord.

                       Our enemy Satan and his cohorts are very cunning. They can only imitate the things of the Lord. They can manipulate the Word of God to look and sound like it. Only the Holy Spirit and knowing the Word of God intimately can help you at these times. Remember, the Holy Spirit bears witness only to the truth. That is how He comforts you.John 15:26-27  26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning. He reveals the truth to you. In turn, we are required to pay it forward to others. Reveal the truth in His Word to others. In other words, help those with less understanding than you to be able to grow in the fear and admonition of Jesus Christ.

               Let’s look again at 2 Corinthians 11:15. For all of you who have attended church or churches and have gotten hurt or should I say offended, Satan and his imps pushed you out of the church. They pushed a button that always works with you. They got you in unforgiveness. Therefore, destroying your chance at ever making heaven your home! You see, he’s not after material things. He has that. When Adam and Eve sinned in the garden of Eden, Adam gave all of the rights of his dominion on all that the Lord had created to Satan. Jesus had to buy back that right at the cross. 

                   We all know that old saying that Satan sits in the front pew. Well He does. Every time the church doors are open. Waiting and watching for the weakest link. To single them out, and isolate them. And devour them. He even starts before the service. Whose not living a Christ-like life. Who is not reading their bible. Who is not fasting, praying and seeking the face of the Lord and not His hand. Who does not put all of their trust in Him. These are the ones who might make heaven their home by the skin of their teeth. I don’t want to just barely make heaven my home. I don’t just want my names in the lamb’s book of life. I want the whole enchilada. Philippians 3:10-14  10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 11 If by any

means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. We are in an unusual race. In a race, I picture people running very fast. But in our race it is to be run with patience. Those of us who do that will endure to the end.

                     You see, the battle is for the Name of the Lord. Always has been always will be until that final day when the Lord rises victoriously and puts that baby to bed, or should I say that argument to bed. So now we see that we have to know our enemy, the authority that the Lord has given us, and that we need to be established in our walk with Him in order to make heaven our home. Then, He says we need to cry out for our deliverance from temptation. The Isrealites cried out for 400 years, for their deliverance.Exodus 3:7-12  7 And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain. The Lord wants to deliver all of His children.

                    I absolutely love 1 Corinthians 10:13. He will always  create a way of escape. He is faithful and true. Psalm 107:20 He sent

his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their

destructions. He sent His Word. Jesus is the Word according to John 1:1-4  1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2 The same was in the beginning with God.3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.  So, this same word heals and delivers us. Delivers us from what? Every evil, or temptation.  Isaiah 61 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified. 

                    When I first started walking with the Lord, this is one of many scriptures He spoke into my life. When I read this I hear Malachi 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.  When I read these 2 scriptures, I hear, “Deliverance is in the HOUSE!!!!!!!” 

                 I remember the first few months of my salvation were oh so hard. I was seriously oppressed because of the many sins in my life I had to repent, ask for forgiveness and denounce my active part in those sins. I needed deliverance. The Lord was oh so kind. He gave me a book that spoke to my heart. The book showed me what I needed to be delivered. What doors I needed to close off, and how to keep them closed. The day that I was finally able to obtain my deliverance, the Lord held a special service for me. Told the minister all that was going to take place that day before it happened. While I’m talking to the minister, he saw the demons and how they were fighting to shut me up. You have to acknowledge your sins and your entire active role in them. If it is a fight to get you to shove it under the rug, you need to confess it! Why hide what the Lord already knows. Anyway, at the end of my deliverance, I asked the Lord to show me that the doors were sealed shut. I was surrounded by blood stained doors. My deliverance was sealed. I also left knowing what doors I could not even entertain. After that I was not only able to read the Word of God, I was able to keep it. I was able to understand what I was reading. After obtaining my deliverance from the Lord, I consumed all 4 gospels in 1 month. And I could tell you what I read and what it meant to me. Oh what freedom! 2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. Deliverance is in the house! Can we take a moment to just shout out His praises. Whatever we need He has for us.

                                   Next, we go back to acknowledging from whom all this comes from. The what and why. For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever, Amen. So, we come back to the beginning. Recognize what belongs to Him. Philippians 2:9-11  9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. We acknowledge what belongs to Him and then we give Him all of the glory due His name. Nothing we have really belongs to us. It all belongs to Him. We have no glory except in the one who saved us to the utmost. Jesus is our Savior and Lord. King of Kings and Lord of Lord’s. 

 If you do not know the Lord Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. Let me introduce you to Him. It is real simple. First you must acknowledge that you are a sinner in need of a savior. Ask Him for His forgiveness for all of your sins and call them out to Him. Thank Him for His forgiveness. Then, forgive those who have sinned or transgressed against you. Then, repent. Repent means to change your mind concerning sinful habits. Change your choice making. Let Him influence your choice making decisions as you get in His Holy Word. Ask Him to be Lord over your life. I want to pray this prayer with you. But, this is just another outline. The real work begins after I pray with you. 

                    Lord Jesus, I confess my sins and ask for your forgiveness. Please come into my heart as my Lord and Savior. Take complete control of my life and help me to walk in Your footsteps daily by the power of the Holy Spirit. Thank you Lord for saving me and for answering my prayer. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

                         Thank you for tuning in today at My Little house of Prayer. May you have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When and How to Wear your Rose-Colored Glasses

Update

This is just an update: Really trying to get things back up and running. I have no phone for the next 5-7 business days. Making things very ...