Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Can We Just Talk?

                                              Can We Just Talk? 



                              Hello and welcome to My Little House of prayer. I am your host Dayla Smith. I am so very glad that you could join me today. Let’s open in prayer. I first want to give a big shout out to all of my listeners out there for all of your patience with me at this time of bereavement. Your kind words, thoughts, and prayers were so greatly appreciated. Some of you I have not even met personally, but yet there was so much compassion in your words. I also want to give a huge hallelujah shout out to King Jesus. He has really taken care of me during this time. I always would share this verse with any of my single people/widowed people out there. Isaiah 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

                     Well, now it is my turn to lean hard on this scripture. He is always making His name known in my life. He has me in the palm of His hand. How do I know this? Because He told me so in this scripture Isaiah 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. Then, in the gospels it says that when He was crucified, they drove nails into his hands. I believe that it was then that this was the proof I needed to understand the depth of His love for me. It was then, that what happened in the heavens happened in the natural realm.  So, if my Lord’s love for me didn’t stop there at Calvary’s hill, why would it stop now? 

                 Let’s look at Ephesians 3:17-21  17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

                   In the very beginning of my walk with the Lord, this has been my prayer. That I not only have the head knowledge, but I am able to walk it out. A lot of people that were in Kim and I's life could not understand the many why's and how’s questions that rose up. I did not love Kim because I had to. I loved Kim because I chose to. Everyday. All day. You see, my pastor in the year of 1997 preached a powerful message. The question presented itself to me in that message that day. It was how I made the choice to love him till the day he died. I still love him. 

                  This was the question, “If Delilah, a philistine, could lead a Godly man away from the Lord, how much more so could a Godly woman lead a man to the Lord?” This was my greatest challenge. Trying to help lead my husband closer to the Lord and not away. Now, I am truly a widow. How do I adjust to this? I really don’t know. When you have been in a spiritual battle for someone’s soul for so long. The battle ends. Now, I’m asking the Lord for help in finding my next purpose for Him. What will His new adventure be for me? 

                    My mind and body are trying to gain control over the situation. But, I’ve said it before and I will say it again, “Flesh! Mind! You are not Lord over me! Only the Majestic, Wonderful, Beautiful, Powerful, Righteous, name of the Lord Jesus Christ and God the Father are Lord over you and me. I choose to lift up the Name of the Lord all day. Everyday. To those of you who know me personally, if you are waiting for the bottom to fall out from under me, or are expecting me to fall apart; I am sorry to disappoint you. It won’t happen. Because the Lord Jesus Christ is carrying me through this. If He brought me to it, He is faithful to bring me through it. He truly is my husband. 

              Just a little testimony. Right after my husband's passing, I  went to Wal-Mart for a few groceries. Well, I passed by the frozen fish department. I saw the bags of crawfish meat. That’s when I said more to myself, “I don’t want an etouffee or fettuccine. I want some boiled crawfish. That afternoon, I got a phone call. “Hey, I have five pounds of boiled crawfish, can you come help me eat them?” I enjoyed every last bit of those crawfish. Hahahaha The reason behind the crawfish: He wanted me to know that he saw me, heard me, and most of all He has not nor ever will let me go. I depend on Him for everything I need and have. Without Him it is impossible to be able to walk this walk. With Him, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 

                 I don’t know just how long this is going to be. But, I am trying to get back on track. This is where your prayers come in. I have all kinds of great messages for us. But, because my mind is down right refusing to focus, I have not been able to get very far. I love the ministries the Lord has given me. I love doing them. I love being the instrument he chooses to use in whatever way He chooses. So, it is very frustrating when I am met with this kind of brick of wall. I know that I have to go through the process. Why can’t I go through it and still carry on in my duties? This argument has been going on so much that the two sides of my brain got into this heated discussion in my dreams. That to me is hilarious! It’s one thing to argue with yourself while you are awake. But, it is a whole other animal when it continues in your sleep. I just shake my head at this and laugh. Our bodies are created by the infinite hand of our Lord Jesus Christ. He put His creative power in us. How else would we be able to reproduce His children? Therefore, I am left in awe at the enormous way our bodies are created to perform. To bring glory and honor to His wonderful Name.

               My husband loved the Lord. He just succumbed to the illness that had Him bound at the end of His life. He knew the Lord. Prayed the prayer of salvation even at the end. He was just so bound up by the enemy that his salvation came only at death. He loved the song by Third Day - The Thief. He related to that song because he saw himself as the thief on the cross next to Jesus. He constantly begged the Lord to remember him. I honestly believe that the Lord looked way past everything and all He saw was the precious redemptive blood He shed for the remission of sins. His sins. He remembered Kim and welcomed him with open arms. I believe He brought Kim home to be with Him. 

                   Most people never got to see the real Kim behind the huge smoke screen of anger. Yep! That’s all it was. A smoke screen. I lived with Kim. Loved Him with the love of the Lord. Therefore, I got to see the real Kim he never liked people to see. He was gentle, kind, meek, and above all humble. He always put others before himself. He desperately tried to walk upright with the Lord. But, his entrapment of the enemy was too great in his mind's eye. I believe the Lord also saw the real Kim behind all of his outward appearance and behavior.

                 Now, am I saying it's o.k. To go ahead and live a lifestyle of sin against the Lord your God who created all of us in His own image. No! Absolutely not! I believe if Kim were here now, He would validate this. If you realize that you are bound by a disease of any kind, both spiritually and physically, there is deliverance. It is in the salvation of the Lord. You don’t have to stay bound up. There is deliverance for you. His arm is not waxed short that it cannot save you. His ear is not deaf that He cannot hear you. He is near to those of a repentant or broken heart and a true or contrite heart. 

                  If the Holy Spirit is convicting you right now, don’t play games with Him. Get real with Him. Be broken over the life of sin you are living. Heart broken. Call it out to Him. When you call it out to Him, you are in the realm of deliverance. The enemy never wants to be acknowledged this way. When someone comes to attack you, they almost always are wearing a mask so that you cannot identify them. The enemy does not want to be identified. Because, it is then that he can no longer be in control over your life. 

                Then, repent. Repent means to change one’s mind concerning sin and their choice making decisions concerning choosing to sin. You see, it is us that decide whether we get to keep walking in our deliverance or not. When we repent, we are to come in agreement with the Lord Jesus Christ as together we pass judgment over our sins. As we denounce our association with sin. As we denounce our relationship with sin. 

               Next, we are to forgive. Forgive others. Forgive ourselves. Forgiveness decides whether we keep our salvation or not. Forgiveness decides where we spend our eternity. I believe this is most important in our deliverance. We become ill if we don’t forgive. Our flesh is allowed to deteriorate itself on purpose when we refuse to forgive. It’s almost like we choose to rot from the inside out when we refuse to forgive. And, really you never hurt the person you are angry at. They don’t even lose sleep over you. You are the only one who is hurting. Forgiveness not only brings healing to our bodies, but also healing around ourselves. I have seen so many miracles come out of forgiveness in my own life. 

                  We then ask for the Lord’s forgiveness. Yes. That’s right. We are to ask Him. He is a gentle man. He will never push His salvation on us. We must choose His salvation. That’s why we must ask for His salvation. His salvation that redeems us from the curse of sin. Yes, that’s right. We are all under the curse from the first Adam. But, there is deliverance through the second Adam. He is the only one that can make us whole. So, we must ask for His salvation. When we ask, we are making a commitment to Him to choose to walk out this walk with Him. We are making a vow before Him. That we accept and agree to the contract written by His hand in stone. The 10 commandments. The true law of love. 

                      We must thank Him for His gift of salvation. There were 10 lepers who received healing from the Lord. Only one came back to thank Him. And in so doing, the Lord made Him whole again. He restored back to Him everything the enemy had stolen. He did that then and wants to do it now for each and everyone of us. He uses our faults, flaws, and failures to teach us and others. The same goes for fellow believers in Christ Jesus.  

                   Now, I have introduced you to the love and Lord over and in my life. The Lord Jesus Christ. Savior of my soul. Now, I want to pray this prayer with you. But, this is just an outline. The real work begins after I pray with you because it is a very personal walk with the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. 

                    Lord Jesus, I confess my sins and ask for your forgiveness. Please come into my heart as my Lord and Savior. Take complete control of my life and help me to walk in Your footsteps daily by the power of the Holy Spirit. Thank you Lord for saving me and for answering my prayer. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

                               If you have made the decision to give your life to Jesus, let me be one of the first to welcome you to the body of Christ. All of heaven is greatly rejoicing over your decision today. Please let me know of your decision today. I want to pray for you. If this message has brought up any questions or spoke to you in some way, or if you have any prayer requests; please let me know by commenting below, private messaging me, or you can email me at my1littleafmp@aol.com. I would greatly love to hear from you. Remember I love you with the Love of the Lord but Jesus will always love you more.



(close in prayer)


No comments:

Post a Comment

When and How to Wear your Rose-Colored Glasses

Update

This is just an update: Really trying to get things back up and running. I have no phone for the next 5-7 business days. Making things very ...