Search This Blog

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Modesty is True Beauty

                                 Modesty is True Beauty


                Hello and welcome to My Little House of Prayer. I am your host Dayla Smith. I am so very glad that you could join me today. Let’s open in prayer. Since this is a continuation of our study on 1 Corinthians 13, let’s go ahead and refresh our memory by reading it  again.Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

            We are looking at verse 5, love does not behave itself unseemly. So, let’s look at the Webster Dictionary and the Strong’s concordance for definitions. In the Webster Dictionary unseemly means: improper, indecent, inappropriate,indecorous, unbecoming, uncomely, unfit, unmeet, or unsuitable. And, in the Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance the word unseemly means: to be unbecoming, shapeless, unbecoming, or to   hold.

                  In this day and time, when our culture places no value on modesty, as children of God we are called to live chastely. There are so many ways we can live out a modest lifestyle. But it all begins in our thought life. There  is modesty in speech. There is modesty in dress. There is even modesty in our behavior. I know this is a very touchy subject. Who wants to be told how to speak, talk, and/or behave? I know I don’t. Also, we have to remember that there is a time and place under heaven for everything. 

                   Have you taken a hard look at society’s way of dressing, talking, and behaving? It’s incredible how far backwards we have gone in the name of not offending others. And to think, we all had a part to play in it. What? How? We refuse to make our verses heard. In the beginning stages of when America was formed, our government was of the people, by the people, and for the people. Young men and old died for this right. Instead, it is easier for us to just allow the government to decide our fate. Thus, we have slowly allowed the state of our government to change the status from of the people, for the people, by the people to a government entity by itself. 

                  So, let’s look at our speech life. Listen to your words. I’ve been listening to mine lately. It’s horrendous. Not just the obscene words we use, but even the curses we speak over ourselves and others. Not intentionally, but as a habit. In the book of Titus 2:1-7 it says,  2 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

              Lately, I have learned that if I keep my thought life on the Lord, I am more able to recognize the darts of the enemy. Thus avoid allowing them to take root in my thought life, and in turn, avoid letting them escape from my lips. Proverbs 18:21   21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Do we want the fruits of death to take hold of our lives? I don’t. 

            Jesus tried to explain this in Matthew 15:1-11   15 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

              So it is what we allow to enter our thought life that becomes a thought, then it takes root, then we speak it out, and then we act on that thought. I mean look at Esau and Jacob. The fight actually began in the womb. Genesis 25:24-26. The word is continually performed from there to Genesis 36. Romans 9:11-13   11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. And in Malachi 1:2-5   2 I have loved you, saith the Lord. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob,3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.4 Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the Lord of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the Lord hath indignation for ever.5 And your eyes shall see, and ye shall say, The Lord will be magnified from the border of Israel.

James 1:14-15   14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

              Did you see just how temptation was at work even in the womb? The fight to be first. And yet, even as Abraham and Isaac crossed their arms, I believe the Father had predestined this while they weren’t even conceived yet. I know it seems like I am catching rabbits, but I really am not. The battlefield is for our minds. If we can control our thought life, there is no room for temptation to even present itself in order to take root. That is why Paul says in 2 Corinthians 10:1-7   10 Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.  

                   You see, whether we like it or not, we are in a constant battle. Just because we are Christians, does not mean we will be immune from spiritual warfare. This I find to be the biggest lie Satan and his cohorts try to use in order to cause Christians to fall asleep on our jobs. We must have a pure thought life. Our focus needs to be completely sold out to Yaweh. Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. You see, it is a fight to the death for our minds. Why? Because Satan and his cohorts want to lift their name higher than Hashem. So, how do we fight and gain control of our thought life? The Word of God. All throughout the bible, the Lord not only talks about this kind of warfare, but how to fight as in Isaiah 26:3. So, here is the scripture that I've been clinging to ever since I realized that the enemy was trying to hijack my thought life. Philippians 4:8-9   8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

               You see, this is a promise. But, with all of the Lord’s promises, there comes with it a condition to obtain and keep the promise. You see, the battle is not with the Lord, but with Satan and his cohorts. The blood of Jesus is strong enough to fight for us. But, we have to be in agreement with God for the promises to have any effect on our lives. We have to obey. Obey what? The laws of God. The first commandment is this. The Lord is God. The LORD is one. Love the Lord thy God with all of your strength, soul, and mind. When we do this on a daily basis, we allow ourselves to come in contact with the Agape love of God. Then, we can treat others with the same kindness, grace, and mercy we have received.

                        King David prayed this way. Psalm 51:10-19   10 Create in me a clean heart(mind), O God; and renew a right spirit within me.11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.  This sounds a lot like Philippians 4:8-9.

                 So, if the battle is our thought life, the question now is how do we see ourselves? The enemy and the world have placed many labels on society. How society behaves. I can testify of how the Lord delivered me from the many labels that were placed on me. Especially the pain in the memory associated with it. These are what is called emotionally charged memories. Do you have emotionally charged memories? Memories that can be so painful that they reach down to the core of your heart. There is great news. Jesus is already ready to set you free, heal and restore you. 

                 To begin with you have to look at yourself in the spiritual mirror. The laws of God. Remember, if we have broken one, we have broken them all. As we begin to see ourselves in the light of the Torah truth in the laws of God, we realize the awesome love, grace, and mercy of the LORD. They know no bounds. Then we are to denounce our agreement with the lies of the enemy and the world, as we repent of our acceptance of those lies. We decide what we agree with or not. We decide what thoughts can hold our attention or not. Whose report will we believe? 

               Remember hurting people hurt people. Because of the curse on this world as we know it, everyone has been in contact with emotionally charged memories. It has been a long road, But the Lord has done awesome things in my life as he has delivered me and keeps on healing each and every one. So, according to the words of Jesus Christ, freely we have received, freely give. I hope this helps. 

                So, if we gain control of our thought life, we then can control our actions. This is easier said than doing. I can testify of this personally. You see, I believe the Lord knew just how great the battle for our minds would be, therefore, he talked about it from Genesis to Revelation. 

                Look at the command in Matthew 15:1-11   15 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

                        If we control our thought life and keep our focus on Christ Jesus, we will be able to live a life holy and consecrated to Him. In the Webster Dictionary, the word chaste means: pure, abstaining from unlawful sexual intercourse; virgin; modest; restrained, or unadorned. In  the Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance the word chaste means: properly clean, innocent, modest, perfect, or pure, sacred, physically pure, morally blameless, ceremonially consecrated, holy, most holy, or saint.

                      We are to have chaste thoughts. In turn, we are called to have chaste speech. Then, we are called to have a chaste attitude concerning how we dress and behave. This world leaves nothing to the imagination. But I ask you, where is the fun in that? It leaves no room for the unexpected or spontaneity. My husband and I lived a life of unexpected spontaneity. We never had a boring life together. Someone very close to me had a dress code that was nothing to be desired. One day I overheard a conversation between that person and my husband. “Why can’t you dress like Dayla? She is modest in her wardrobe and behavior. I find that to be way more beautiful.” What a compliment, huh? 

                 This is the next and final step of how to rid yourself of the emotionally charged memories.  Philippians 2:12-13   12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.  It is a continual work in us. Fear in Hebrew here means a fear of breaking the one you love dearly’s heart. Isn’t this a powerful thought? Then, we can keep our focus on Him and not just give Him lip service.

                     Matthew 15:1-11   15 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

                 Now, if you do not know the Lord Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. Let me introduce you to Him. This is the first step to freedom. It is really simple. First you must acknowledge that you are a sinner in need of a savior according to the mirror of the law of the Lord. Ask Him for His forgiveness for all of your sins and call them out to Him. Thank Him for His forgiveness. Then, forgive those who have sinned or transgressed against you. Then, repent. Repent means to change your mind concerning sinful habits. Change your choice making decisions. Let Him influence your choice making decisions as you get in His Holy Word. Ask Him to be Lord over your life. I want to pray this prayer with you. But, this is just an outline. The real work begins after I pray with you because it is a very personal walk with the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. 

                    Lord Jesus, I confess my sins and ask for your forgiveness. Please come into my heart as my Lord and Savior. Take complete control of my life and help me to walk in Your footsteps daily by the power of the Holy Spirit. Thank you Lord for saving me and for answering my prayer. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

                               If you have made the decision to give your life to Jesus, let me be one of the first to welcome you to the body of Christ. All of heaven is greatly rejoicing over your decision today. Please let me know of your decision today. I want to pray for you. If this message has brought up any questions or spoke to you in some way, or if you have any prayer requests; please let me know by commenting below, private messaging me, or you can email me at my1littleafmp@aol.com. I would greatly love to hear from you. Remember I love you with the Love of the Lord but Jesus will always love you more.



(close in prayer)


No comments:

Post a Comment

When and How to Wear your Rose-Colored Glasses

Update

This is just an update: Really trying to get things back up and running. I have no phone for the next 5-7 business days. Making things very ...