Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Are We Abiding in Him Who Created Us

                   Are We Abiding in Him Who Created Us


               Hello and Welcome to My Little House of Prayer. I am your host Dayla Smith. I am so very glad that you could join me today. Let’s open in prayer. We are still studying 1 Corinthians chapter 13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

                  We are looking at verse 13. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. So, now we have learned what love is and is not. We have learned how to walk in love towards one another. So, why would Paul feel the need to finish with this verse? Because, in order to show love, we have to be abiding in that love. The love of God. 1 John 4:7-10    7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 

                     John 15:4-11   4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

                I want us to look at the definition of the word abide according to the Mirriam Webster Dictiionary. As a transitive verb:

1:a: to bear patiently : TOLERATE

b: to endure without yielding : WITHSTAND

2: to wait for : AWAIT

3: to accept without objection

              As an intransitive verb:

1: to remain stable or fixed in a state

2: to continue in a place : SOJOURN

      As abider noun:Phrases:

abide by 1: to conform to

2: to accept without objection : to acquiesce in

               Did you know?Abide has abided in the English language since before the 12th century, picking up along the way several meanings and inflections that are now rare or no longer in use. For instance, one of abide’s former meanings was “to stop” and its former past participle was abidden (whereas we now use abided or abode). Today, abide often turns up in the phrase “can't abide” to say that someone cannot tolerate or accept something. The expression abide by, which means “to accept and be guided by (something),” is also common. Related terms include abiding, meaning “continuing for a long time” or “not changing” (as in “an abiding friendship”), abidance (“continuance” or “the act or process of doing what you have been asked or ordered to do”), and abode (“the place where someone lives”).

                 I absolutely love  Psalm 91:1-2   91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. And, Acts 5:12-15   12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.13 And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them.14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

                     You see, according to Psalm 91:1 it wasn’t Peter’s shadow that was going about doing miracles. It was the shadow of the almighty that Peter was abiding under. He had chosen to walk with the presence of the Lord, to have a relationship with the one and only true and living God. You know, people get their eyes fixed on what they can see. Things that manifest in the natural. You see all the apostles had a relationship with the Lord. People don’t see the suffering, fasting, and prayer that they went through all day, every day in order to experience the miracles. People don’t know the sacrifice of doing only what the Father says to do, and saying only what the Father says to say. How they had to train their ears to His voice and His voice alone. This was the first thing He wanted me to learn. That I would know that I know when it was Him.

                   I couldn’t decide to go with the scripture first, or the dream first. So, let’s read the scripture that the Lord gave me after the dream first. Luke 9:51-62   51 And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,52 And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

                  You see, the dream came after I was first saved. When I was saved, I told the Lord that He didn’t stop half way in saving me. Therefore, I didn’t want to stop half way in serving Him. I didn’t want a title or a specific ministry. I was completely content with the title “Child of the One True and Living God.” I didn’t want to put Him in a box on how or when He chose to use me for His Glory. Since then, I can truly say that we have had an awesome time together. The good, the bad, the ugly. 

         Well, during the year 1995, the Lord decided to speak with me in a dream. The dream went like this. I was outside and it was nighttime. There were trees surrounding this A - frame home. Tornados began to surround the home. That is when I went inside. When I was inside, I heard “foxes have dens, and birds have nests. But the son of man has nowhere to lay His head.” His head speaks of His righteous authority or headship. I woke up crying uncontrollably. “Lord, I want you to be able to rest your head everywhere I am at. Please feel free to rest in my home.”

                 At the time I did not have the understanding that I do now. At the time, I was thinking of my natural home. Although that was the response He was looking for, it was not exactly what He was talking about. 1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?The temple of God houses the Lord Himself. But, the Lord led me to this scripture Psalm 110:1-4  110 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

                        This is where I learned about His headship. He is Holy and righteous. He wants His headship/authority to rest on us. But, we have to invite Him to do so. Then, we are to obey His righteous authority in order to keep His headship resting on us. I want this and will do whatever He asks to remain in righteous presence. I know. We’re supposed to be discussing verse 13. How is this relating to verse 13. Well, we have to learn to abide. Well looking at the definitions to the word abide in verse 13; to bear patiently, TOLERATE, to endure without yielding, WITHSTAND

to wait for, AWAIT, to accept without objection, to remain stable or fixed in a state, to continue in a place,  SOJOURN, abide by,to conform to, to accept without objection , to acquiesce in; we can begin to get a picture of how the Lord wants to abide with us, in us, and through us. 

           He says that although faith, hope, and love abide with us. The greatest or defining factor is love. If God is love. And He wants to dwell with, in, and through us. This should make a clear picture. That without love there is no faith or hope. I can testify of this. Because it was the love of God that came my way and brought salvation to me. My life has never been the same. He is still teaching me to love like He does.

           I believe this scripture condenses 1 Corithians chapter 13. Galatians 5:22-23   22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 

                    If you do not know the Lord Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. Let me introduce you to Him. It is really simple. First you must acknowledge that He was born of a virgin, lived as God among us, was crucified, died, buried and rose again on the third day for the salvation of all creation. That you are a sinner in need of a savior according to the mirror of the law of the Lord. Ask Him for His forgiveness for all of your sins and call them out to Him. Thank Him for His forgiveness. Then, forgive those who have sinned or transgressed against you. Then, repent. Repent means to change your mind concerning sinful habits. Change your choice making decisions. Let Him influence your choice making decisions as you get in His Holy Word. Ask Him to be Lord over your life. I want to pray this prayer with you. But, this is just an outline. The real work begins after I pray with you because it is a very personal walk with the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. 

                    Lord Jesus, I confess my sins and ask for your forgiveness. I acknowledged that you were born of a virgin, you lived as God among us, was crucified, died, and buried. You rose again on the third day for the salvation of all creation. Please come into my heart as my Lord and Savior. Take complete control of my life and help me to walk in Your footsteps daily by the power of the Holy Spirit. Thank you Lord for saving me and for answering my prayer. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

                               If you have made the decision to give your life to Jesus, let me be one of the first to welcome you to the body of Christ. All of heaven is greatly rejoicing over your decision today. Please let me know of your decision today. I want to pray for you. If this message has brought up any questions or spoke to you in some way, or if you have any prayer requests; please let me know by commenting below, private messaging me, or you can email me at my1littleafmp@aol.com. I would greatly love to hear from you. Remember I love you with the Love of the Lord but Jesus will always love you more.

(close in prayer)


No comments:

Post a Comment

When and How to Wear your Rose-Colored Glasses

Update

This is just an update: Really trying to get things back up and running. I have no phone for the next 5-7 business days. Making things very ...