Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Faith

Lesson 9: Faith


                     Hello and welcome to my Little House of Prayer bible study. Today, I’d like to talk about faith. I had 2 other messages prepared for you. But, This is the 3rd one and He told me I needed to give this one to you. In a very funny way. So, I hope you are helped by this message today. In today’s society fear, doubt, and unbelief are screaming in a high pitch voice. They are trying to drown out the truth of God’s word with the manufactured facts of the enemy. I know that if I am tired of watching them do this and win with the Lord’s creation. How much more so is He. 

               You know, I went and looked up what the opposite of fear, doubt, and unbelief were. I figured you would enjoy knowing what they were. This helps us to cooperate with the Word of God better. I no any war vet, warrior will tell you. The only way to defeat your enemy is to know who he is. To know how he thinks. And what is his total end game or plan for the attack? The apostle Paul tells us how to prepare for the battle in Ephesians 6:10-18 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

              What are the last 2 pieces of the armor of God? The sheild of Faith and the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God. Wait? I thought we were talking about faith. We are. It takes faith to walk this walk. This walk and your faith are what the enemy wants to attack.What are the weapons he favors most? The spirit of fear ( 2 Timothy 1:7 ) with doubt and unbelief. The opposite of fear is calmness, confidence. The opposite of doubt is certainty, conviction, and confidence. The opposite of unbelief is belief (obviously) and FAITH.

               So, how do we war against the spirit of fear? The word of God. Remember Ephesians 6: 16 and 17. And  2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. What?! Do you see that?! Power, love, and a sound mind. So, if we are walking in faith, we are walking in power, love, and a sound mind. Are you beginning to see a trend here? The enemy wants to distract you. Catch you off guard. How easier than to scream his fear antics to get you into doubt and unbelief. Please know that I am making light of this. Fear is real! The facts are real. But, according to the Word of God, facts change. The Truth will never change. John 14:6-11  6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

                               You are not going to believe this. Then, maybe you will. But, just as I was pasting this scripture, the song “We Believe” by the News Boys,  just came on. I love His confirmation. Confirmation that He wants you to know this. To get it good and in your spirit. So, you can fight. So, you don’t have to accept the lies of the enemy. If he can get in your head, if you allow him to have your thoughts, He’s pretty much won the battle. The main objective is not to let him in your head. Not to let him have your thoughts. That is what the helmet of salvation is for. To protect your mind. How? By the thoughts of your Savior and Lord. Satan and Christ cannot be in your thoughts at the same time. The mind can only focus on one thing at a time. What about multitasking. You may have many tasks going simultaneously. But, your mind can only focus on one thing at a time. So, our focus needs to be on the Lord Jesus Christ. It needs to be on the things of God. 2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;


Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Hebrews 11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 

                           So, how do we get out of fear? Get into faith. How do we get into faith? Get in the Word of God. The bible. His words encourage and build us up. It provides calmness. He is our confidence. These are the opposite of fear.  1 John 5:14-15  14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. 

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 

                  How do we get out of doubt? READ OUR HOLY BIBLE!!!!!! He gave us His Word. To lead and guide us into all Truth. We can walk in His confidence. 1 John 5:14-15  14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.


Proverbs 22:20-21 20 Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, 21 That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee? 

                    How do we get victory over our unbelief? Why don’t we do like Thomas did? Why don’t we take our unbelief to Jesus who can help us?John 20:24-31  24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. 26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.  28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. Another earlier example. 

Mark 9:23-24 23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. 

            You see, the Lord is not shocked. He wants us to come to Him in Faith. The calmness, conviction, certainty, belief, and FAITH. Bring everything to Him. I mean everything. Your joys, your tears, your failures and flaws, your sins. He wants everything. So, that you can have LIFE and Life more abundantly.

                 Hebrews 11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. You know, when you think about it, it takes faith to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord. It takes faith to believe and act out the word of God, the bible. It takes faith to tell your friends about this loving Savior who changed your life. It takes faith to believe in an afterlife of Heaven and Hell. 

                   Has God ever called you to believe Him for something that was so far out there that it was what I like to call crazy faith. Did He come through? I have countless testimonies that required crazy faith. How about a report of a cancer that the doctors said couldn’t be cured. Or, it was caught too late. I have friends I believed God with. Let me tell you the enemy had all kinds of reports to get them out calling things that were not as though they were. When you get a voice that comes against your stand, you are victory ground! Hallelujah! Oh, and watch Him vindicate you in the meantime. I feel so sorry for those who speak against God’s truth in ignorance. The best you can do is pray for the Lord’s mercy. 

                           I was working with a crew. At the time, I was fasting and praying for the Lord’s restoration of my first marriage and for a friend's marriage also.  Well one of the workers came up to me and told me how desperately stupid and naive I was to believe for something that would never happen. Along with a barrage of insults.  Well the next morning, I got to work and she was in a pile of tears. That afternoon, when she got home, all the locks had been changed to her home and all of her things were outside waiting for her. I was speechless. I felt sorry for her. I prayed for her. My believer friends were jumping up and down rejoicing over the Lord’s immediate judgment. I tried to explain that they were wrong. They were dumb founded at my response. Which was to run to my office and pray for her. God eventually restored both mine and my friend's marriage. 

                        Why did I tell this testimony? Because, when someone is going through something. They are using crazy faith to believe God for something. We are to choose our thoughts and words very carefully. And if you really want to help them, come alongside and believe with them. You don’t know what they are fighting to believe in God. And, for those who are believing for the impossible. Facts will change. But, the TRUTH, His Truth will remain forever and ever. 

                          Faith also brings a test. How can you have a testimony without a test?  I had 4 years of testing when I believed in the Lord for my home. Especially, when He said that He would finish all of it. Here is the progress of crazy faith.              

                  

1.   The Arrival               2- 5: The constant occupying until He arrived

                                                               with the manifestation

4-5 : Look what the Lord has done!!!!!!

                         If you have tuned into the other blogs, podcasts, or my bible study on Facebook, you know what a trial I went through. My walk makes people scratch their heads. I am peculiar. That is because He has called me to be that way. A misfit for Him. I’m o.k. with that. 

                    I waited 4 years for my house to be complete. I have been waiting for something far greater since 1995 and 1997. In 1995, I was in prayer. I saw a field so ready to harvest. In the outskirts of the field were wheelbarrows. There were children playing. They would pile up in the wheelbarrow. As many as could fit in them. Then, the bigger kids would push them around. They were all full of joy, squealing 2,4,6,8, God is great. Then in 1997, I was leading a sunday school class. I had a few children. They were from 2-13 years old. I had them form a circle and we joined hands to pray. Everyone was quiet. I looked up to ask for prayer requests. There was this little child, all of 2 years old, she began to sway. But, she didn’t seem right. I asked if she was o.k. Her reply shocked me. To the core. “I don’t know sister Dayla. But, the spirit of the Lord is all over me. And, He told me to tell you you are blessed.” My jaw was on the floor. She went on to say some more. But, I was in shock. I didn’t know where to put myself. I kept saying, “ A 2 year old child, Lord? Really?” Well, I still asked if there were any prayer requests. There wasn’t any. So, we said amen to the word of the Lord and went on with our Sunday school lesson for the day. 

                   I got home. Went to eat a bowl of chili. I sat down at the table and dipped my spoon in the chili . As I was bringing the spoon up to my mouth to test the temperature. I heard the Lord say, “If you thought that was something, hold on to your britches. Your children will prophesy and dream dreams. They will have visions. They will walk under my anointing. In 2004, I was dancing in the back of the church. The children came to meet me and began to dance also. He again said, “That’s right. Let them play with my holy things. As they play with my holy things, the anointing with it will begin to fall on them. 

                    I am still waiting for all this to come to pass. Crazy faith. Occupying until the visions and promises show up. Why did I share this? Because I want to encourage you. Encourage you to join me in prayer as we wait on the Lord. Wait for the Lord to touch our children. Grown and not grown. Wait for Him to use them mightily for His Name Sake. Will you believe God with me? Will you also have your own crazy faith? Things that the Lord has promised you will come to pass in your life? Let’s believe God together.

                    If you do not know Christ as your savior and Lord. Let’s use  crazy faith. Let me introduce you to Him. It’s o.k. To ask Him to be real to you. I want to pray with you right now. Lord Jesus, I confess my sins and ask for your forgiveness. Please come into my heart as my Lord and Savior. Take complete control of my life and help me to walk in Your footsteps daily by the power of the Holy Spirit. Thank you Lord for saving me and for answering my prayer. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

                    Let me be the first to welcome you to the body of Christ. All of heaven is rejoicing right now. Get a bible translation you will read. It is a life and death issue for your spiritual well being. The bible tells you who Jesus is and what He expects of you.  Find a church with a pastor that preaches the uncompromising truth. Sit under him for at least a year. That is so you can learn and grow. 

                      I am so glad you could join me today at My Little House of Prayer. I Hope you will join me next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

When and How to Wear your Rose-Colored Glasses

Update

This is just an update: Really trying to get things back up and running. I have no phone for the next 5-7 business days. Making things very ...