Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

This Little Light of Mine, I'm Gonna Let it Shine

                   This Little Light of Mine, I’m Gonna Let it Shine



                 Hello and welcome to My Little House of Prayer. I am your host Dayla Smith. I am so very glad that you could join me today. Let’s open in prayer. We are still discussing 1 Corinthians chapter 13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

                    I believe that in verse 6, it tells us how to walk in His love towards others from the standpoint of treating others as you would have them treat you. Not, “do unto others before they do unto you.” I have so many testimonies that I could share with you concerning the many experiences that I’ve had in my walk. You know this life gives us one opportunity after another to show forth the love of God. To be a light in a dark world. To be different; set apart. 

                 You know, every time I read Matthew 5:1-18 I hear the song, ~This Little Light of Mine~ (Sing the chorus). Now, let’s read through this slowly. 5 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

                      This is a list of how to behave towards one another. We are to seize every opportunity to be an example, a living epistle, of the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior. There is always an opportunity to be the ray of sunlight in the Lord Jesus Christ in someone’s deep, dark tunnel. Sometimes, just a smile will change the rest of a person’s day. I have had so many experiences in allowing the Lord to use me to influence the rest of someone’s day and hopefully the rest of their life.  

               Let’s look at Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? The Lord clearly states right here, as well as in the laws located in His Torah Truths, how we are to walk out our walk with Him. How to please Him.                 

                  I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, we cannot give what we don’t already have. Every day we wake up, He has prepared many opportunities for us to exalt His wonderful Name. But, we cannot begin to recognize those opportunities until we get into His presence. The first five commandments are about our relationship to the Lord. Then, the last five commandments are about our relationship towards others. So, you see, The Lord clearly shows us that first we need to seek Him before we can take advantage of the opportunities to have a proper effect on others. 

                Look at 1 John 4:7-10   7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 

                 We are to be an epistle of the Name of the LORD. How He has changed and made us who we are today. Then, we are to share this great news with others in order to encourage others that what He has done for us, He is more than faithful to do it for them also. Because He definitely is no respecter of person. 

                  King David said in Psalm 27:8-14   8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

                   How do I seek His face early? This is my testimony. This is how I walk with the Lord. Your walk should be your own. You can follow my example as I follow His example. But, please make your walk with the Lord your own. There is no perfect way to walk with Him. He is the one who is perfect. And, He is the one who will work a perfect work in each and every one of us until the day He comes to take us home. 

               I like to wake up just when the sun begins to rise. First words out of my mouth are, “Good morning LORD. Thank you for waking me up today.” Why? Because it is another day with many opportunities to praise His Name. I make my coffee and invite Him to have a cup of coffee with me. No, He has never physically shown up as a person and drank a physical cup of coffee with me. But, I am inviting His presence to come and be with me. I pull out my bible, and sit and pray. That is when a conversation will begin. And, He always speaks His word. I just received a revelation that I will be sharing quite soon. You’ll want to tune in for that one. After I pray and read my bible, I am able to go into the rest of my day.

              Also, I love to put on instrumental worship music. It creates an atmosphere in our minds to welcome in His presence.  Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Do you want peace in your mind? Your thoughtlife concerning the Lord will bring His peace to your mind. As well as, His instruction for your day that day. 

              My favorite site to go to is dappy t keys on you tube. Check it out. If you like it, hit the subscribe and/or the like button. I also have created a playlist on you tube so that my day is completely filled with praise and worship. You see, I seek His presence all day, every day. I don’t want to go anywhere or do anything without Him. 

                According to verse 6, we are to rejoice in Truth. What Truth? His Truth. His Torah Truth. The truth spoken to ourselves, as much as, spoken to someone else. Jesus said in John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. And Paul said in 2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

                    You know Pontius Pilate was faced with the question, “What is truth?” Today’s world says that truth is whatever we each decide what is true.  With this thought in mind and Where the Word of God says that they did what was right in their mind, we could be liars and believers of lies. Someone murders someone, and according to this idea of “you have your truth and I have my truth,” the murderer could say that he did not murder that person and that’s the truth. Do you see just how much error there is in this thinking. I just shake my head at the stupidity of our ways of thinking. Jesus is Truth. His word is Truth. If we want truth, and are to rejoice in the Truth, we must seek it out. Jesus tells us that if we seek, we will find.

              And, what are we needing freedom from? The penalties of sin. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Do we want His true freedom, or do we just want a get out of jail free card. Sorry to bust our bubble, but there is no get out of jail free cards. Salvation in Christ Jesus is the only way we can be truly free. Owning up to our iniquities and sins, and asking Him to forgive us of our sin, transgressions, and iniquities. Thanking Him for His wonderful forgiveness. Then, repenting, changing our choice making decisions. We are to rejoice in the LORD’s Truth’s which are found all over His written Word. Old and New Testament. 

                   We are not to rejoice in iniquity. What is iniquity? In the Webster’s Dictionary it means wickedness; great injustice. In the Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance it means: injustice, moral wrongfulness, unjust, unrighteous, wrong, treacherous, heathen. So, in other words, we are not to get happy or pleased with an injustice. We are not to participate in an injustice. We are not to deal with others treacherously. When we behave like the heathens do, we are nothing more than heathens ourselves. Then, we are lying to ourselves and others. How is anyone going to desire and see their need for His Salvation if we are not walking in His uprightness? His Holiness? His righteousness?

                   If you do not know the Lord Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, would you like to get to know this Jesus Christ of Nazareth; who lived, died, and rose again on the third day for the salvation of mankind?  Let me introduce you to Him. It is really simple. First you must acknowledge that you are a sinner in need of a savior according to the mirror of the law of the Lord. Ask Him for His forgiveness for all of your sins and call them out to Him. Thank Him for His forgiveness. Then, forgive those who have sinned or transgressed against you. Then, repent. Repent means to change your mind concerning sinful habits. Change your choice making decisions. Let Him influence your choice making decisions as you get in His Holy Word. Ask Him to be Lord over your life. I want to pray this prayer with you. But, this is just an outline. The real work begins after I pray with you because it is a very personal walk with the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. 

                    Lord Jesus, I confess my sins and ask for your forgiveness. Please come into my heart as my Lord and Savior. Take complete control of my life and help me to walk in Your footsteps daily by the power of the Holy Spirit. Thank you Lord for saving me and for answering my prayer. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

                               If you have made the decision to give your life to Jesus, let me be one of the first to welcome you to the body of Christ. All of heaven is greatly rejoicing over your decision today. Please let me know of your decision today. I want to pray for you. If this message has brought up any questions or spoke to you in some way, or if you have any prayer requests; please let me know by commenting below, private messaging me, or you can email me at my1littleafmp@aol.com. I would greatly love to hear from you. Remember I love you with the Love of the Lord but Jesus will always love you more.

(close in prayer)

             Also,  Here is the schedule and info of the itinerary for My Little House of Prayer. The podcast and blog will be up on Tuesdays - Podcast is located on podbean, fmplayer, and iheart radio under My Little House of Prayer. 

Blog will also be up on Tuesday. The link to the blog is hopundertheblood.blogspot.com 

Youtube  will be up on thursdays. You  can find it under My Little House of Prayer. 

Bible study is live on Facebook and will go live at 6:30pm. The page is under the title My Little House of prayer. 

             I would greatly love to hear your input, thoughts and ideas. This can be done by commenting below, private messaging me, or you can email me at mylittleafmp@aol.com. Also, feel free to share, follow, and like. If you like the site on youtube feel free to subscribe to the site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

When and How to Wear your Rose-Colored Glasses

Update

This is just an update: Really trying to get things back up and running. I have no phone for the next 5-7 business days. Making things very ...