Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

What It Means to Be An Ambassador for Christ

                      What it Means to Be An Ambassador For Christ

         

                       Hello and welcome to My Little House of Prayer. I am your host Dayla Smith. Let’s please open in prayer. I have a lot on my heart these days. My heart stays heavy with the things the Lord is speaking to me about the days to come. I find that I am getting more and more quiet at this time. I love to talk. Especially about the Lord and His saving grace. But, as He talks to me about what is going on in the world today, my heart is heavy. Heavy for those who will not make heaven their home. This breaks the LORD’s heart, and in turn breaks mine. Even in my dreams I am ministering salvation to people I don’t even know. I pray that they all come to know the fullness of His saving grace. On the morning of September 18th, the Lord gave me a word to tell His people. “What I did at the cross on Calvary’s Hill should tell the world how much that I Am in love with them. The world needs to be told to fall in love with me. You must accept my love for you. This is very true. But, after that, you must fall in love with me also. When you truly fall in love with me in your actions and choices, you will be my disciples. Then, as you grow in Christ Yeshua, you can make other disciples of Yeshua. This is the call. This is our first ministry. First to Christ, and then to others.” John 3:30-35  30 He must increase, but I must decrease.31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

                   I do know this. He is calling for all intercessors to storm heaven’s gates for those who are lost. He is calling for the body of Christ to be His ambassadors! Let’s look at what it means to be an ambassador. Let’s look at 2 Corinthians 5:11-21  New International Version - The Ministry of Reconciliation

11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience. 12 We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart. 13 If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. 14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[b] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

                       I chose to put this whole passage because it explains what’s on my heart. We are called to be separate. Yet, we are called to live in this world, but not behave as the world behaves, which is found in Romans 12:1-2. In the Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance, Ambassador means: Act as a representative. In the Webster’s Dictionary it means: The highest ranking diplomatic representative from one country to another; an authorized messenger. 

                  Now, let’s also look at the meaning of representative in the Webster’s Dictionary. Representative means: Portraying; consisting of or based on representation of the electorate by delegates; an example or  type; a person who acts for another, agent, salesman, etc.. . So, if we have accepted the LORD’s free gift of grace. Salvation in Jesus Christ, Yeshua Hamashia, we then take on the name Christian. That is our label. To be a true believer in Christ Jesus, to carry the Label of being a Christian; which means to be Christ-like, we are to be His example. We are to say only what He says, do only what He does, and behave only as He behaves. 

                    As ambassadors for Christ, we are to lead by example. The way we live out our lives should be what tells the lost who you are. You shouldn’t have to tell people who you are. They should see the light of Christ on you. How else will we go forth and make disciples of ourselves? You see, we are commissioned to find and teach others how to live out this Christian lifestyle. So, how can we be proper ambassadors for Christ?

Our Basic Need for More of Him and Less of Us In Our Lives

               Let’s look at John 3:30-36    30 He must increase, but I must decrease.31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

               In John chapter 1:23, John the Baptist cries out about being a forerunner for Christ. He had one message, “Repent and be baptized! Make straight the way of the Lord!” Paul talks about being being in a race in Philippians 3:7-14   7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

                I believe that at the moment we receive salvation in Christ Jesus of Nazareth, we begin our race. We are called to be forunners of Christ declaring, “Repent and be baptized both of water and Spirit! Prepare yourselves for the kingdom of God is at hand!” Salvation requires death. We are to live our lives out in death to the flesh, the world, and the devil. We are to encourage others to join this walk of separation and death by living out our lives as an example.. Why do I say this? Because, Jesus Christ says it plainly in Matthew 16:24-26  24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? We need to ask the Lord daily to help us have more of Him and less of us in the way we live our lives.

Our Need for Others in Our lives

            Let’s go back to the fact that we are in a race according to the apostle Timothy in 2 Timothy 4:7-8  7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

             So, what kind of race are we in? I believe we are in a relay race. A relay race is where there are runners strategically placed at certain points where one will hand off the baton to another who is to run further and hand it off to another. I believe that the baton we are to hand off is the word of God according to one scripture amongst many, Deuteronomy 11:16-21   16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;17 And then the Lord's wrath be kindled against you, and he shut up the heaven, that there be no rain, and that the land yield not her fruit; and lest ye perish quickly from off the good land which the Lord giveth you.18 Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.20 And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates:21 That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.

              Jesus told the disciples in Matthew 28:19-20  19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. So, we need each other to be able to run our race gloriously! We are to teach others how to enter and run this wonderful race. Ecclesiastes 9:11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. Because it is a God kind of relay race, we don’t have to run fast. Just steady, allowing the Holy Spirit of Hashem to teach us. To convict us, and in so doing, change us into the image and likeness of Christ. That not only will we be an example of what Christ can do in a life totally committed to Him. But, that the way we live our lives will be the baton that is handed off to others who will choose to enter this race. 

                    Ephesians 4:13-16   13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

                 I hope that this encourages you to fall in love with Jesus. To follow Him not in word only, But also in deed. In such away as to draw others in this relationship with the one true and living God.

                   If you do not know the Lord Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. Let me introduce you to Him. It is really simple. First you must acknowledge that He was born of a virgin, lived as God among us, was crucified, died, buried and rose again on the third day for the salvation of all creation. That you are a sinner in need of a savior according to the mirror of the law of the Lord. Ask Him for His forgiveness for all of your sins and call them out to Him. Thank Him for His forgiveness. Then, forgive those who have sinned or transgressed against you. Then, repent. Repent means to change your mind concerning sinful habits. Change your choice making decisions. Let Him influence your choice making decisions as you get in His Holy Word. Ask Him to be Lord over your life. I want to pray this prayer with you. But, this is just an outline. The real work begins after I pray with you because it is a very personal walk with the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. 

                    Lord Jesus, I confess my sins and ask for your forgiveness. I acknowledged that you were born of a virgin, you lived as God among us, was crucified, died, and buried. You rose again on the third day for the salvation of all creation. Please come into my heart as my Lord and Savior. Take complete control of my life and help me to walk in Your footsteps daily by the power of the Holy Spirit. Thank you Lord for saving me and for answering my prayer. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

                               If you have made the decision to give your life to Jesus, let me be one of the first to welcome you to the body of Christ. All of heaven is greatly rejoicing over your decision today. Please let me know of your decision today. I want to pray for you. If this message has brought up any questions or spoke to you in some way, or if you have any prayer requests; please let me know by commenting below, private messaging me, or you can email me at my1littleafmp@aol.com. I would greatly love to hear from you. Remember I love you with the Love of the Lord but Jesus will always love you more.

(close in prayer)


No comments:

Post a Comment

When and How to Wear your Rose-Colored Glasses

Update

This is just an update: Really trying to get things back up and running. I have no phone for the next 5-7 business days. Making things very ...